Request to Qualify and Quote
Proposal No. RQQ-2018-CINF-281
Technical Advisory Services for OnCorr Structures RFP
Metrolinx is accepting submissions (“Submissions”) from consulting firms for the provision of technical advisory services to prepare Project Agreement documents to support the OnCorr Structures RFP (“OnCorr RFP”) for grade separations, vehicle crossing closure, alternative pedestrian access routes, bridge widenings, and bridge modifications on various Metrolinx-owned corridors. The scope of services shall include the following three stages, more particularly described in the Request Document:
- Stage One: Environmental Assessment and Preliminary Design;
- Stage Two: Development of Reference Concept Design (“RCD”) and Preparation of Project Agreement (“PA”) documents, including Project Specific Output Specifications (“PSOS”); and
- Stage Three: Assistance with Procurement during in-market period for the OnCorr RFP
Request Document is available online at www.metrolinx.merx.com.
Enquiries and other communications are to be directed to the Procurement Representative Ms. Nicki Bregolin at (416) 202–7504, or Nicki.Bregolin@metrolinx.com
Submissions will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on April 18, 2019 using electronic bid submission (EBS) and will be opened by Metrolinx staff as soon as is practicable after the designated Closing. Details on where and when Proponents can obtain information on Submissions received, prices bid and contract award will be specified in the Request Document.
Please note, effective Monday, February 10th, 2014 for any newly issued tenders Metrolinx will no longer be conducting Public Openings.
Metrolinx reserves the right to reject any or all Submissions at its sole discretion.
Consulting firms who possess the following experience and qualifications will be considered for award of this Contract:
- Demonstrated experience in project agreement documentation including RCD and PSOS for Public Private Partnerships (“P3”) or Alternative Finance and Procurement (“AFP”) contracts with individual budgets over $250 million;
- Demonstrated experience in the management of utility companies, specifically Category 1 Utility companies;
- Demonstrated experience in projects where different levels of government and different government and municipal agencies are stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in providing similar technical advisory services for major infrastructure projects relevant to the services contemplated;
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience in design, construction support and project management of large transit infrastructure projects including but not limited to transportation facilities, structures, track, bridges, tunnels, relocation of major utilities, and other significant civil work;
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with Environmental Assessments (EA) involving major rail infrastructure projects, and/or previous experience with rail corridors (Transit Project Assessment Process (“TPAP”)); and
- Minimum ten (10) years of combined experience in providing topographic and legal survey (if not part of the Proponent’s firm), geological and hydrogeological studies and report (if not part of the Proponent’s firm), detailed traffic studies at rail or road crossings and environmental studies.