Call For Request to Qualify and Quote
Request No. RQQ-2018-VM-191
Consultant’s Assignment Provision for a Review of PRESTO 2025
Metrolinx is accepting bids (“Requests”) to retain the services of a Vendor to provide the goods and/or services described herein. Metrolinx intends to notify a Proponent of acceptance of its Submission and enter into a Contract through an open, fair and competitive process.
Request enquiries and other communications are to be directed to the procurement representative Rachael Yiu at (416) 202-5551, Rachael.Yiu@metrolinx.com.
Request submissions will be accepted until the Closing of 3:00 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2018, via Merx electronic bid submission (EBS) and will be opened by Metrolinx staff as soon as is practicable after the designated Closing. Details on where and when vendors can obtain information on bids received, will be made available on Metrolinx’s website.
Please note, effective Monday, February 10th, 2014 for any newly issued tenders Metrolinx will no longer be conducting Public Openings.
The Corporate Firm must demonstrate that it possesses the following experience and qualifications:
- Five (5) years of demonstrated international experience implementing and/or advising on the introduction of multi-vendor, multi authority payment schemes and the transition to emerging open loop, account-based systems and mobile payments/ticketing.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated international experience advising on and/or operating Transit Payment Schemes.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated significant international experience in migration planning, investment strategies, cost benchmarking, lifecycle cost analysis and cost of ownership questions and challenges.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated international experience with vendor sourcing and procurement models in the consumer payments and transit payments industry. Experience with innovative funding and ownership models, as well as experience managing complex consumer-facing payments or non-payments IT systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the PRESTO system, marketplace and vendor sourcing model, as well as the equivalent for PRESTO’s global transit payments peers.