Call For Request to Qualify and Quote
Request No. PTC-2017-BSI-002
Engineering Services for the Rehabilitation of Culverts and Drainage Improvements
Metrolinx is accepting bids (“Requests”) for Engineering Services for the Rehabilitation of Culverts and Drainage Improvements, as more particularly described in this Request Document as required by Metrolinx.
Request enquiries and other communications are to be directed to the procurement representative Robert Cava at (416) 202-5849, Robert.Cava@metrolinx.com.
Request submissions will be accepted until the Closing of 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 13, 2018, via Merx electronic bid submission (EBS) and will be opened by Metrolinx staff as soon as is practicable after the designated Closing.
Details on where and when vendors can obtain information on bids received, will be made available on Metrolinx’s website.
Please note, effective Monday, February 10th, 2014 for any newly issued tenders Metrolinx will no longer be conducting Public Openings.
The Consultant must demonstrate that it possesses the following experience and qualifications:
- satisfactorily completed in the sole opinion of Metrolinx, a contract for work similar in scope and nature as “the Services of this Contract”;
- the necessary resources to complete the design sustainable, cost-effective; able to meet the schedule and complete the Services to the satisfaction of Metrolinx;
- minimum ten (10) years of experience related to structural design and rehabilitation of railway bridges with the reference to CN Standard and AREMA;
- minimum eight (8) years of experience related to track design, layout, implementation, testing and commissioning;
- minimum five (5) years of experience related to air quality, noise and vibration, natural and cultural environments, handling of excess soil materials, permits and approvals, with the ability to develop and implement mitigation and monitoring plans.
- demonstrate experience in writing documents/reports (in english) in accordance with government and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- experience in creating design drawings, that are highly legible, accurate and realistic; and
- proven skills and abilities to communicate design concepts and principles in clear, concise and plain language.