Call For Tenders
Tender No. RQQ-2020-RCDV-497
Metrolinx is issuing this Request to Qualify and Quote (RQQ) to retain the services of Vendor to provide the goods and/or services described herein. Metrolinx intends to notify a Proponent of acceptance of its Submission and enter into a Contract through an open, fair and competitive process.
Metrolinx is accepting Submissions for the provisions of Design Securement and Functional Optimization of Metrolinx Owned Rail Maintenance Yards Services.
Metrolinx is a crown agency of the Government of Ontario under the Metrolinx Act, 2006, reporting to the Ministry of Transportation. It was created to improve the coordination and integration of all modes of transportation in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). The Metrolinx mandate includes delivering the best possible transportation services today while leading the way to an even better, more convenient service tomorrow; making the best possible use of public transportation investment dollars; and measurably improving the quality of life in the region.
The Track department within Corridor Infrastructure supports Metrolinx's Maintenance Programs and associated Capital Projects to support maintenance works.
The department is a subset of the Engineering and Asset Management unit at Metrolinx and plays an important role in protecting the organization's operational services, ensuring safety for all stakeholders and undertaking capital upgrades throughout the operating network.
The objective of this Request to Qualify and Quote (RQQ) is to solicit proposals from Proponents for the provision of Engineering Services on an as required basis over a Two (2) year term.
ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSION will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on March 25, 2021.
***NOTE: ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSION
Your Submission for this opportunity must be sent to Metrolinx through the use of MetrolinxMERX EBS. Bidders shall be solely responsible for the delivery of their Submission using MetrolinxMERX EBS by the Closing, in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
Only Consultant who possess the following experience and qualifications will be considered for award of this Contract:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in track design;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in civil engineering for work within live railway right-of-way, including grading and storm water management;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in structural engineering for railway structures, including structural inspections;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in environmental, soils and geotechnical engineering and inspections;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in surveying services;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in mechanical and electrical engineering services;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in architectural services; and
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in utility engineering.
Metrolinx reserves the right to reject any or all Submissions at its sole discretion.