Intent to Tender an RQQ -2019-CINF-391 - for the Provision of Contract Administration and Field Services During Construction at Aldershot, Bradford and Aurora GO Stations Parking Lot Expansions
Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario and oversees GO Transit, PRESTO, Rapid Transit Implementation (RTI) and the Union Pearson Express (UPE). Our goal is to create a transportation network that enhances the prosperity, sustainability and quality of life for the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
Metrolinx intends to issue a Request to Qualify and Quote for the Provision of Contract Administration and Field Services During Construction at Aldershot, Bradford and Aurora GO Stations Parking Lot Expansions. The scope at each site includes:
- Expansion of the parking lot and rehabilitation of the existing Aldershot GO Station is necessary to meet current requirements and address future customer needs; expansion and upgrade scope items include an expansion of the south parking lot, existing escalator conversion to stairs, new elevators install, lighting retrofit, and installation of a standby generator.
- Expansion of the existing Bradford Go station parking lot is necessary to meet current requirements and address future customer needs; expansion scope items include a phased expansion of the parking lot area, rehabilitation of the existing parking lot, an addition of bus bays and rider shelters along with supporting infrastructure including storm sewer system, CCTV and lighting.
- Construction of a temporary parking lot at 9 Scanlon Court at the Aurora GO station are required as enabling works for future GO Transit service expansion; Scope of work at this location includes demolition of an existing commercial structure, fine grading, and paving work for a 417 stall parking lot, and installation of storm sewer, CCTV, and lighting systems
The provision of Engineering Services during Construction shall include contract administration and field services. As a minimum, the services are:
- Daily site inspections, prepare daily inspection reports and monthly construction progress summaries;
- Review weekly construction progress and prepare as-built drawings;
- Co-ordination of services for geotechnical and material testing;
- Prepare agenda and take minutes of biweekly site meeting;
- Biweekly site meeting to be chaired by the Contract Administrator;
- Documentation and co-ordination of submittals for review by the designer;
- Change management – review, comments and provide recommendation for change requests;
- Prepare flagging requests for submissions;
- Ensure the field and construction activities comply with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects;
- Handover activities including start-up, testing and commissioning, and as-built drawings;
- Project closeout; and
- Post construction services.
The RQQ will be issued by invitation only to proponents who satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Return signed copy of Non-Disclosure Agreement.
If you meet the minimum requirements shown above and are interested in participating in the market study of the group benefits, we require that the attached ‘Non-Disclosure Agreement’ be signed and returned to the Contact Person no later than 3:00 p.m. (Toronto Time), Thursday, August 20, 2020.
Metrolinx anticipates that the Request to Qualify and Quote will be issued in September of 2020 and Proponents who satisfy the above requirements will be contacted via MERX for the RQQ.
This pre-notice does not constitute a binding commitment on the part of Metrolinx to issue any or all of the referenced Request to Qualify and Quote or to proceed with any or all of the contemplated work. The statements and representations contained in this notice are not binding on Metrolinx. The contents of any Request for Proposals that may be issued may vary from the description of the projects, services, and deliverables as provided in this pre-notice.
Senior Procurement Officer, Large Projects
Telephone No.: 416-202-0573