Call For Tenders
Tender No. SQ-2019-NAFD-054
Metrolinx is accepting Submissions for Request to be Prequalified for Vegetation and Tree Removal, and Compensation Services
ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSION will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on March 26, 2020.
***NOTE: ELECTRONIC BID SUBMISSION
Your Submission for this opportunity must be sent to Metrolinx through the use of MetrolinxMERX EBS. Bidders shall be solely responsible for the delivery of their Submission using MetrolinxMERX EBS by the Closing, in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders.
The Prequalified List of Contractors shall be required for the provision of vegetation and tree removal on Metrolinx owned Rail Corridors and yard locations within Metrolinx’s current and future service areas, as well as vegetation and tree removal, and compensation on municipal and conservation authority lands. Such projects may include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- The limit of tree removal is approximately 7 metres from the centerline of the outer tracks. Outer track means, the outer track defined as per the future GO expansion Track diagram. Limits to be further defined in Stage 2.
- According to initial estimates (which are subject to change through the Phase I scope of work), approximately 60 hectares (ha) of vegetation will need to be removed or pruned, including 43 ha within Metrolinx lands. The approximate 17 ha of trees on public lands includes municipal, provincial federal and Conservation Authority ownership.
- In total, there are an estimated to be 20,000 trees of various sizes to be removed. Refer to the section: ‘Scope of work’ for details.
- the Work to be issued for an Invitational Tender procurement process for the Vegetation and Tree Removal services for the following corridors:
- Lakeshore West Corridor (LSW)
- Union Station (USRC)
- Kitchener Corridor
- Barrie Corridor
- Stouffville Corridor
- Lakeshore East Corridor (LSE)
Metrolinx reserves the right to reject any or all Submissions at its sole discretion.